Friday, June 7, 2013

Who I was who I am

I am no longer the person that you want me to be.

I don’t crawl in the dark towards drinks and your arms
when in the light they stay locked in your pockets- no charm
and your eyes never reach my face

Don’t make me feel like I did that night
don’t ask me to be that girl - its not right
how as adults we find solace as temporary as an eclipse
that blocks out my ability to say no to this

Your loneliness is your own deal
don’t use me and abuse what affections I feel
towards you- and anyone- who is in my life strong
to satisfy a craving, only to actually prolong
the journey to who God intended you to be
faithful, respectful, and honoring all women- even me.

I want to fix you
but now i know why
my mother is broken
and i always would try
to fix
her.
and i couldn’t.
I can’t.
I won’t.
she is that way.
and won’t change.
ever.
and you won’t change either.
I can’t be your tether
to reality and to the Lord.

That is all on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment